Monday, December 25, 2006



These two pictures show the state of the quilt as of 12-25-2006. The first row across the bottom has been finished, and a couple of flowers have been added to start the second row. This blog has now caught up to the quilt. The yard stick gives a better idea of how big the quilt is going to be. (A yard is 36 inches = 91.44 cm) One thing that I am going to have to decide is what to do with the edges. This pattern leaves an uneven edge to the quilt. This will make it hard to put binding on the edges. I am thinking at this point in time that I will put 1/2 hexagons along the sides to make a smooth edge. Then with a smooth edge, I will put a 6 inch strip of solid black all around. This will serve to make the quilt bigger and will set off the flowers better. This is the good thing about such a long project, you really aren't tied into anything. If I wanted to change the arrangement of the flowers, the only ones I'm stuck with are the ones that are completed. So, I can think about all the other options that I have available to me as I go along.

No comments: