Monday, December 25, 2006

Putting flowers together with paths


Here is the lower left corner of the quilt. This picture gives a better idea of what it looks like with things put together. All the flowers surrounded by the black of the garden paths. Of course, in this picture, you can see all the basting that is holding the paper hexagons onto the back of the quilt. All the white stitching that you see will be removed. The paths between the flowers will be a smooth unbroken black. I am having thoughts of putting bees or butterflies scattered around to look as if they are visiting flowers in Grandmother's garden, but haven't really decided that yet. I am also not positive about how exactly I am going to quilt the quilt. According to my calculations, I'm not going to have to worry about quilting for about another 4 years!! When I get a little bit farther along, I am going to take out some of the paper hexagons, just to see how the final quilt top is going to look. I will, of course, post a picture of that as soon as it happens.

No comments: